View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Chuck_IV
Almost a VIP

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: can someone recommend case/shield for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Otterbox defender is the way to go. It doesn't really seem that bulky to me, but that may be because I used the defender on my original EVO and that case was pretty bulky.

Plus, this defender is the only case that I know of that protects the cameras.
I tried the defender and just found it too bulky and too heavy for my tastes. I also didn't like the screen protector built in as the one I had seemed to have a sligh haze to it thus making the screen look not as vivid. However, it definitely protected the phone WELL, which is a great thing, especially the camera.

What I ended up getting was the Convert case from Best Buy(it's the same as the Convert case from Seidio). It's basically 2 cases in one. The first case is the Surface case, which is thin and works well but doesn't cover the camera area. The second is a rubber sleeve that slips OVER the Surface case and a plastic finger frame slips over that. This adds some bulk to the phone but less than the Defender and it's still lighter too.

The rubber piece DOES have a flap that completely covers the camera area, so it does offer some good protection there. It comes with a beltclip that is lockable. It does not double as a kickstand and the beltclip only works with the phone when it has the rubber sleeve on.

This works for me as I use the rubber sleeve when out and about and when I'm in the office, I take the sleeve off and I'm left with the surface case and I just skip the phone into my shirt pocket.

About the only complaint I have is the rubber sleeve is kinda slick. I may need to wipe it down with something to get it to be grippy.