Old 06-21-2011, 10:31 AM
jbrady33
Lurker
Threadstarter

jbrady33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need advice - ROM choices for Touch Pro 2

So far - real good! Thanks for all the info. I now have the Titanium ROM and the compact startmenu. Loaded some apps (not many, the ROM had most of the stuff I use - only newer versions!) - just Microsoft reader (old I know, would love something better), BattClock, Cleanram. Gives 129.something free program memory after boot! Only slow spot seems to be a long pause on the start menu occasionally - and no sleep-of-deaths so far.

More questions:
Missed calls & Voicemail indicator - the stock Verizon cab had a classic Today screen entries with missed calls and number of voicemails waiting. (Looked just like the number of emails waiting display) Not it only shows as a notification - anyway to get that back as a Today item? I did search the boards but didn't find much

Opera - probably my biggest app. It looks like Opera 9.something (which is fine) but the Favorites/Bookmarks soft key (the Star) does nothing. Found some other complaints about this but no solutions unless I missed it. What about upgrading to Opera 10 - any opinions, good idea or big hog? Might or might not fix the bookmarks problem I guess.

Thanks for all the help!