View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Perasite
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Tutorial] New device setup (CWM, ROM, Kernel, Netflix)

Step 6: Kernel

To upgrade the kernel, you have two choices. Clemsyn and Pershoot. A good rule of thumb is for Froyo choose Clemsyn and for Gingerbread choose Pershoot.

You can find the latest Pershoot gTab kernel at DroidBasement.com. Be sure to download the proper kernel for your device and bootloader branch. I've attached the kernel that I used, but it would be a good idea to double check Pershoot's site to insure this is the latest version.

Install the kernel

1. Use your computer to download the appropriate kernel. Or you can just download it straight into your gTab.
2. If you downloaded it from your gTab, it should be in folder a called "download". If you downloaded it using your computer, connect your gTab to your computer and transfer the file over to your gTab. I actually created a folder on the root of my gTab named Kernel and placed it in that folder.
3. Boot into CWM recovery.
4. Choose "install zip from sdcard"
5. Navigate to where you placed the kernel zip file and select it.
6. Watch it install into your gtab. Should take about 10 seconds.
7. Go back to root menu of CWM, go into advanced, and choose "Wipe Dalvik Cache".
8. Go to root menu and wipe cache.
9. From the root menu choose "reboot system"

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)

Last edited by Perasite; 06-17-2011 at 11:50 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.