View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Perasite
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Tutorial] New device setup (CWM, ROM, Kernel, Netflix)

Step 2: ClockWorkMod

The first thing you will flash to your device will be ClockWorkMod. This replacement recovery system will be the basis for installing your ROM and Kernel, in addition to some other possible files.

There are 2 versions of ClockWorkMod for use on the 2 different bootloaders.

For the 1.1 bootloader, use cmw_v8. For the 1.2 bootloader, use cmw_v3028. There are 3 ways to install this file with the third method being through the use of NVFLASH. Since I have no experience with NVFLASH, I will describe the other two methods.
1. Internal SD Card:
a. Download the proper cmw_v(x)_internal.zip file for your particular bootloader to your computer.
b. Unzip the file and you should now have a folder titled recovery and a file titled update.zip.
c. Connect your gTab to your computer via USB
d. Place both the recovery folder and the update.zip file in the root of the gTab's drive. For example, if your gTab's internal drive is assigned drive letter F:\, you'll want to end up with an F:\recovery\ and an F:\update.zip.
e. Disconnect your gTab from your computer
f. Power down your gTab. Do not merely put it to sleep, do a full shutdown.
g. Turn on your gTab by pressing and holding both the Power button and the Volume + button simultaneously. Continue to hold both buttons until you see "Recovery key detected" in the upper left corner, then you can release both buttons.
h. CWM will install automatically, and you can view it's progress on-screen.
i. The gTab will automatically reboot. You can enter ClockWorkMod in the future by following step g.

2. External micro-SD Card:
a. Download the proper cmw_v(x)_microsd.zip file for your particular bootloader to your computer.
b. Unzip the file and you should now have a folder titled recovery and a file titled update.zip.
c. Connect your micro-SD card to your computer
d. Place both the recovery folder and the update.zip file in the root of the micro-SD card. For example, if your micro-SD card is assigned drive letter F:\, you'll want to end up with an F:\recovery\ and an F:\update.zip.
e. Remove the micro-SD card from the computer and insert it into your gTab.
f. Power down your gTab. Do not merely put it to sleep, do a full shutdown.
g. Turn on your gTab by pressing and holding both the Power button and the Volume + button simultaneously. Continue to hold both buttons until you see "Recovery key detected" in the upper left corner, then you can release both buttons.
h. CWM will install automatically, and you can view it's progress on-screen.
i. The gTab will automatically reboot. You can enter ClockWorkMod in the future by following step g.

I have attached cwm_v8_internal.zip and cwm_v8_microsd.zip (These files are for bootloader 1.1.) I have also now located and attached copies of cwm_v3028_internal.zip and cwm_v3028_microsd.zip for bootloader 1.2.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cwm_v8_internal.zip (3.82 MB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip cwm_v8_microsd.zip (3.82 MB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip cwm_v3028_internal.zip (4.21 MB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip cwm_v3028_microsd.zip (4.21 MB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)

Last edited by Perasite; 06-17-2011 at 11:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.