View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 12:42 PM
GuyWithNoLife
PPCGeeks Regular

GuyWithNoLife is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone upgrade from an EVO 4G?

I'm on the Nexus S 4G now. My Evo lost a fight with gravity, and I was able to pick between another Evo or the Nexus S for the same price.

Although the camera is less MP, I haven't noticed a difference in quality (although tbh I haven't compared the pictures side by side on a pc). That said, the camera application itself seems faster/smoother (higher fps maybe?).

The phone does not have notification LEDs, although that doesn't bother me; I always put my Evo face down at night when charging it, and if I'm going to check my phone for anything I usually turn on the screen anyway.

You can root it as easily as the Evo (although all I've done so far after that was install AdFree).

The phone is lighter and a little more natural to hold. The battery life is much better (although I'm not sure if some of it is a fresh new battery vs my Evo's... I remember my Evo having a nice battery but that was coming from the Touch Diamond, etc.). I use my Nexus S in the same way I used my Evo (same apps... although there's no Sense on the Nexus, I wasn't using the weather/clock widget or syncing any stuff on my Evo that I'm not on my Nexus).

The interface is smooth... I do miss some of the sense features (month calendar widget, contacts widget, and the system sounds I was used to), but apparently not enough to actively go download replacements for them. The phone app doesn't have the smart dial feature... the dialer is just a straight dialer.

It does not include the Sprint Visual Voicemail app... you could probably find the .apk and install it, but I ended up testing Google Voice for voicemail, and liking it.

I do miss the bigger screen at times, but have been enjoying the lighter phone enough that I can live without the landscape.

Overall, I'm happy I tried it out, happy enough to keep it. I wouldn't be disappointed if I had to go back to the Evo for whatever reason though.

Sprint Nexus S 4G