Old 06-08-2011, 09:55 AM
jbrady33
Lurker
Threadstarter

jbrady33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need advice - ROM choices for Touch Pro 2

I'm going to take the plunge, gathering everything on my memory card now.

Sounds like the Energy Titanium Rom is a winner, but do you mind clearing up a few questions for a first time user?

1. Unlocking to get this done - saw reference's to HardSPL unlockers and SIM unlockers. Which do I need Downloaded RhodiumW_HardSPL_V1_10_R3(going to flash the ROM, the load the latest radio from the Verizon MR3 release - unless what Thayer is saying is that by flashing MR3 first it will permanently upgrade the radio and that will surive the flash to the Energy ROM)).
Is the "Task 29" memory formating needed before the ROM flash?

2. The WinMobile interface - I actually like and want the Windows Mobile classic Today screen, like this http://parvezpersonal.files.wordpres...dowsmobile.png
I know it is not pretty, but it give exactly what I want on the front page without touching or swiping anything (how many emails in which accounts, next appointments, missed calls, # of voice mail waiting, date & time).
In order to keep that interface, do I need to keep Titanium checked? (In your Dream Phone guide you uncheck to install a different home screen.)

3. With #2 in mind what should I set my page pool to? Where do you set this, is it an option when you start the ROM flash procedure?
Want fast response to my input above all else. even if it means waiting moment for a program to start (The current tap something in Opera and wait 5 seconds to see if registered or not drives me up a wall) It sounds like in your other thread that 0 will give super fast system at the expense of some available memory - sounds good to me and I'm getting memory back by going with the Energy ROM in the first place right?

4. Start menu - The 6.5 start menu sucks, would be happy to load one of your alternatives. Does my need to keep the Today screen above affect this at all (Can I have classic Today with a replaced start menu)

5. The Transparency stuff (Step III in dream phone) I don't think this applies to me - the taskbars are fine showing and my wallpaper is a black image I made by covering the camera lens and taking a picture. Boring I know but easy to read

6. Getting back to Verizon - If I read the posts correctly my phone will think it is on the sprint network. The fix for this seems to be either download a package of some kind or simply do a *228 update. Which is correct?

Contacts and stuff are not a problem - all is on my company's Exchange server and will re-(Active)sync after I set up the account.

Thanks for your time!!
JB

Last edited by jbrady33; 06-08-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: update