View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[TESTING] .39 Kernel **NEW**

Hey all,

This is a shiny new test kernel from none other than WisTilt2 and jonpry.

***NOTE***

The new acoustic code is in this kernel. If you're not running a system image that supports the new acoustic code, you will lose all sounds! This includes in call audio, speakerphone, everything!!

They have been working hard on getting a new codebase out, and this is a result of their work.

Note - things are going to be broken in this kernel. Most things from .27 will work, the second post will serve as a list of confirmed broken things & workarounds if they exist. Initially I'd like to see what people report, so let me know! If you report a issue that is listed in the next post, put your flamesuit on, you're asking for it.

This kernel is RHOD only. It may boot other devices, but they are untested. Run at your own risk!

This kernel also requires some changes to haret & the startup.txt, which I will outline below.

Steps:

1. Download the alternate haret version (attached). I have found that this alternate version will boot other 'normal' kernels, but you must use this haret to boot this kernel.
2. Add this line to your startup.txt (I added it after the set initrd line):
Code:
set initrd_offset 0x00a00000
3. Download the kernel from the .39 (autobuild service), replace as you normally would, and boot!

Currently the autobuild only has the 'newest' kernel. Development/commits onto this kernel will be frequent, so the newest kernel might have issues - there'll be a history of old kernels soon .

WisTilt2 just added kernel 3.0 to the autobuild - this is a newer kernel, but the code isn't nearly as stable, so I would recommend sticking to .39 for testing at the moment!
Attached Files
File Type: zip haret.zip (64.6 KB, 123 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 07-03-2011 at 01:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.