View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 02:52 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Post your personal VZW HTC Trophy Reviews here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
Hey, how do you like your new phone??
As I task 29 (format phone), Re-lock and install the VZW OEM software on my old Touch Pro 2 to send back to Asurion...I figure after a day with the phone I'll reply to this message.

I kind of knew what I was getting into with this phone (Every one here should know how much I followed this subject and this dam phone waiting for Verizon to release it). Windows Phone 7 is Windows Phone 7 (all devices are pretty much the same), as besides emulators and my 5 min windows in the stores playing with it, it is what I expected and a great OS at that.

I love it so far, it's very smooth and fast, after playing with it for a whole day, I got the hang of it.

The display is really nice (much nicer than the TP2), the multi touch display got some use and very nice. The coating seems pretty good, there was some minor cases (my wife tried it and I saw her nail touch the screen) and I thought it would scrach but, still looks like new.

Body feels pretty solid but, after swapping batteries a few times, I'm afraid I am going to break the tabs on it if I swap batteries too much. I've been using a TP2 for the last 2 years and the Trophy is pretty slim over all, I like the feel in my hands.

Battery life, I can't be 100% yet on this. My new 1800mah battery lasted till about 10:30 this morning (It finished charging yesterday around 2:30pm) I'll admit Wi-Fi was on for a lot of the time and I was playing with maybe a good 2 hours on the phone (calls). As a few days go by, I should know a little better about battery life.

Perfomance is really good overal, I did find a few times that when opening some apps/hubs it would hang (just like doing nothing) but, hitting the Windows key and going back resolved the issue about 95% of the time.

On screen keyboard, coming from a TP2 with a QWERTY keyboard, I'm getting used to a touch screen, I can only really type in Landscape mode, or I have issues, Not all parts/apps will change over to a landscape keyboard, so I do find myself having issues. (I have larger thumbs, and it's always been hard to type on screens but, I could of written a book with the TP2 keyboard with very few errors).

Camera, meh, ok. HTC is not known for it's cameras, Pictures are alright but, not great, 720p video recording, unless it's really bright, I'll stick with something else to do video, it's just OK.

Dislikes:
- Going from Mini-USB to Micro-USB (car,desk chargers, computer cables, etc) WTF !!!!, at least I found adapters for $1.30 each on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0020M1O1A)
- Side mounted charging port, WTF why ?
- Still question battery life but, I'll know for sure in time
- Do I really have to pay to buy another game for the 3rd time(UNO) ???
-Stil no Remote desktop app (server admin)
-No Wi-Fi tethering, I guess I will have to keep a WM device around for when I travel

I had some issues when setting up (when you install a new certificate for a mail server, make sure you reboot after you install it) but, nothing that a reboot didn't fix. Setting everything up was pretty easy in about 25 min, I had facebook, hotmail/live/xbox, Exchange server setup syncing fine.

Over all, I know it's not perfect but, so far I do love it. It's awsome and smooth. I look forward to Mango.

This is my 0.02

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 06-07-2011 at 03:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.