View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM
DavidinCT
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
WP7 general first setup questions...

Hey all,

So, I got the conformation that I will have my HTC Trophy on Monday (6/6, Yea !!!) from Asurion. So, I finally can join the fun (it's about time). As you know I've been doing a lot of following and reading but, I can't find the answer I am looking for on the first time setup for the best results.

I have a hotmail account tied to facebook, xbox live, etc and I also have an private MS Exchange server (Exchange 2003, with a self cert).

Assuming that I setup with my live account first, how to I deal with these settings ?

1. Setup Exchange server, How do I get my Cert for my exchange server on my device ? Do I just email it to my hotmail account and open it from there(any known problems with doing this ?) ?

2. I only want to use the contacts on my Exchange server(I sync my TP2 now to it) do I make sure I don't use any collected by hotmail users on there ?

3. Facebook, I want to only see updates to people I have in my contacts, how do I make sure of this ?

4. On facebook: My contacts in exchange do not have a space for their facebook page, How do I link a user with a facebook page ? Is there something special I can do to make sure this is pre-setup before sync'ing ?

Any other suggested processes to do on first setup for better over all results ?

I think this covers the things that has been crossing my mind for the last 2 weeks. I currently don't have a device and the only time playing with it is in the emulator or the little time I play with devices in the store.

Thanks !!!

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !