Lurker
Threadstarter

ascorbic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official waiting for Gingerbread thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
ahh, yeah i didnt get that tone in your original post. sorry about that.

btw they just added the Dx2 forums to xda yesterday so thats a plus!
No problem. Awesome, I am glad to hear xda is on the case. Hopefully this phone will still share the same bootloader as the original X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
What improvements are there over 2.2? I just rooted my Droid X2 and I am not sure I can update...I like my root.
I am still a new android user so I haven't used 2.3, but this site details the differences nicely.

Difference Between Android 2.2 (Froyo) and Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) | Difference Between | Android 2.2 (Froyo) vs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

By the sounds of it it seems like there are a lot of "under the hood" type improvements (that is to say non UI changes) which I would welcome greatly. Anything to maximize battery life and make this beast of a phone more powerful would be icing on the cake. Improved copy and paste also sounds great.

But then Motorola/Verizon will also have their own changes so who knows what that will bring. I still don't know all the differences between the base android OS and motorola's "blur" so I still have a lot to learn with the UI.