View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 12:31 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Announcing Android 4 Autism

Someone posed this question on another forum about this. I wanted to share my response here as well.

Quote:
Not trying to bring any negativity to this thread, but several years ago some guy in a community forum such as this scammed a bunch of us with a similar scheme. He had quite a following and put a lot of work into it. He was so believable that it took pictures and video to get some people to believe he was a fake.

Ever since then I've been realllllly careful on charities in forums.
That's a really fair question. I'm not familiar with the person and event you are referring to. However, my intent for posting this now was not to get people to send me anything. I want to have everything set up before anything like that happens. I simply wanted people to be aware of what I'm working on so that maybe you can save your OLD unused device for this purpose. I honestly don't know how big this will get but all I want to do is just get some devices into the hands of kids who need them. I think it could eventually be a non-profit but I think that's kinda putting the cart before the horse.

I don't want people to think this is some huge project because right now it isn't. I just wanted to plant the bug in your ear about maybe hanging on to your old phone for right now if you can. I'm working on building a framework for this right now. I also would like to be as transparent as possible without exploiting anyone that would be receiving a device, if that makes sense.

I'm not offended by your question at all and I'm actually glad you brought this up. I'm open to ideas and suggestions. I appreciate your support.