Thread: Galaxy S 2!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 10:29 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Galaxy S 2!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Thanks. Do you really think HTC locked down the 3D on their own - seems more like something the carrier would have them do. I would have to imagine HTC would know it would lose popularity and sales by locking it down so the decision would have to come from an idiot. I could be wrong but I would have to believe that sort of thinking would have to come from Sprint.

I guess we'll know more when ATT Sprint and Verizon have the Galaxy SII.
Sprint on FB said that it was HTC's decision to lock down the phones...And the Incredible S which is international and not bound to any carrier was locked...HTC has been one upping their locks every release..

IF I were to guess HTC is making a gamble..they are sacrificing the developing community to try to get more friendly with content holders...In the end HTC has no chance against Samsung or LG..simply because those companies produce their own components..so if both companies were to build the same phone Samsung/LG would either be cheaper, or makes them more profit.

In that kind of market HTC would make very little profit (similar to the PC market)..so they are trying to probably distinguish themselves.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)