View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 01:40 PM
tfhavel
Lurker

tfhavel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: [Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5 Preview Fix 2 (07-02-2010)

I have a CDMA Hero and just installed Fresh ROM 2.4.0 on it, but I still have the old Sprint firmware on it (version 2.1-update1), which means even though I've got a new ROM I'm still running Android 2.1. It is further my understanding that you can't run apps from the sdcard unless you've got Android 2.2 -- which I had thought I would be getting.

I've tried "Flash ClockworkMod Recover" from within ROM Manager, and although it says it succeeded the firmware was not upgraded (so what was?). I've found various internet rumors that say the CyanogenMod version 6 has Android 2.2, but I'd like to be sure I have to use that and not Fresh 2.4.0 in order to run apps off my sdcard before I spend any more time on this.

Finally, I am quite puzzled by the fact that this thread says a stock Sprint CDMA Hero can use Darktremors Apps2SD, since neither Sprint or HTC is going to upgrade the Hero to Android 2.2, ever. And how does Apps2SD differ from the App2SD in the Android Market (which my phone won't even let me download, presumably because it knows it needs Android 2.2 and that I've got 2.1).

And help with what I should do next, and how, will be much appreciated.