View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 PM
schick79
PPCGeeks Regular

schick79 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dead Verizon XV6800

I have an old Verizon XV6800 that is completely stock, and is stuck on a permanent red light. I hadn't used the phone in a while, so I would assume the battery was run way down. When I first plugged the phone in to the AC adapter, the phone powered up just fine. Ever since I turned it off, it hasn't wanted to come back to life.

I've tried every possible combination of old and new battery, and USB cable and AC charger. Nothing seems to work - the phone will not come back on.

The USB cable and AC charger are both known good units that work fine with another phone.

I thought the old battery was the culprit, but I just received a new battery today and let it charge (allegedly) for at least 4 hours and it still wouldn't fire up.

I've also tried doing a hard reset and the device doesn't respond.

I've also tried all of the above both with and without the battery in.

Last, I don't see any sort of device recognition on my computer itself when the phone is plugged in via the USB cable.

Any ideas? I can't imagine that the phone just completely died on me right in my hands... Maybe it smelled my Touch Pro 2 and committed suicide?

Anyways, any suggestions on how to perform CPR on it would be appreciated. Cheers!