View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 02:55 AM
pastorryon

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Problems with Phone Updates

I recently rooted my HTC Thunderbolt and downloaded several apps (Titanium Backup, Rom Manager, Barnicle Wifi Tether) to help me so that I could get rid of some of my bloatware and add some things I wanted. Well, one of the apps I deleted was VZ Navigator. I personally don't like the program, but I checked my phone for the latest update and saw I had a firmware update. So, I tried to download it. I thought everything went fine and when it went to reboot it brought up a little droid icon with what looked like an "triangle with an exclamation point above its head."

I tried rebooting the phone several times, but everytime it would reboot it seemed like all was fine (see the HTC Thundebolt screen come up, hear the Thunderbolt sound, etc). Well, give it a few seconds and it would want to power off and go back into reboot mode. Once I erased the cache it went back to normal.

So, I went to the android market and tried to download VZ Navigator, but they will not allow me to download it. So, my question is, am I in trouble?

Here is the update I tried to install...
Source: Verizon Wireless
Name: Mecha_Verizon_WWE_1.13.605-1.12.605.6
Size: 35.649 MB
Description: Software updates automatically and the mobile will power down and up as a part of this special offering.

You would think I would need updates from Verizon. Is there a way to get VZ Navigator back on my phone? Should I even be concerned? Should I just install a new rom like the new Gingerbread?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ryon Lee Adcock