View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 04:41 PM
tkjames
PPCGeeks Regular

tkjames is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Rotation/General Operation is Slooooooow

Sprint Epic, stock Froyo, rooted with Clockwork.

So when the update came out it wouldn't install because I'd removed a whole bunch of stock apps. After following the wonderful info found here about how to update to Froyo byway of Odin and hard resets, I got Froyo and all my original data on here.

Now, a number of weeks later, I'm getting irritated by how slow my phone moves. Screen rotation is absolutely the worst, taking a full 3 seconds to change; on paper that doesn't sound bad, but trust me, it's infuriating having to wait for the screen to rotate before you can do anything, otherwise you'll try to push an icon and end of pushing something else after it rotates. I've also realized that it takes quite a few seconds for program windows to load, like when I go to my texts, open up the phone, etc. I've very careful to only have running what I need running so that the memory isn't bogged down. I don't recall having this issue much when I was using Eclair. I thought maybe it was a Froyo thing, but my friend just got her Epic this week, and after rooting it for her and installing a few key apps, her phone still rotates like lightning compared to mine.

Check out The Stupid Random Stuff Store for - can you guess? - stupid random stuff...duh!!