View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCourrier View Post
teradog
Can you advise me on backing up my contacts between flashing ROMs? My presumption was to back-up with activesync, but that gave me the impression it would use outlook, which I don't use. Also, I'm a bit confused on how to move .cabs from ROM to ROM. I hope I'm not asking a lot, but I'm still somewhat new to this. Thank you.
No worries... sorry slight delays in response.. baseball season
Contacts backup: many many ways, lots of people will have lots of opinions.. to each, right & best...
Here are some contact backups:
1. Activesync (as you stated),
2. PIM backup (which I'm currently using), Energy Rom's have it built in... but it's free, go DL.
3. sync to a google mail account.. if you don't have one, go make one & use just for that... you'll need it on the Android side
4. SPB, popular but I think there's some fee...
5. copy your mail file over, been a while since I messed with that, think cemail.vol may have it in (in root)

how to move .cabs from ROM to ROM

Some things are just too easy... you don't. Put all cabs on your SD card, I have an 8 gig for primary use, 16 GB are common, 32 around.. etc.. I've got 500 cabs all the way from my mogul days on it! :>)) different directories \mogul, \tp, \tp2, tp2\hot, tp2\startmenus, etc..
Run the cabs & then it'll let you choose where to install the program. I put some on main & others on SD..

I allowed my sig to show, please read "how to" link, it's long & a little old (the cabs I install at the bottom), but it'll put the whole thing into perspective for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
This is great but every time I enable a start menu replacement on Energy ROM the device freezes if i press the start button on the screen (not the hardware button)
Energy ROM Wiki in my sig... under "S"
Also, in the Welcome message in bold, I've requested you always state which ROM you are on, date, build, etc.. Why? There was an issue with the mortscripts last month that messed up the startmenu layout switch in settings... I post an extra large red font for a fix in the Energy ROM forum..

Which are you trying to select? You are running the smls (startmenu layout switch) in settings correct?

click on my name top left, find all posts by, should be in the first page.. better yet, burn the latest ROM, I think it was fixed...

:>)) love your sig!

Also, if you do some reading & try a few things, feel free to ask as many followup questions as you wish, I'll be happy to help, but do no reading & try to skate by.. it's easy to tell :>))

Last edited by teradog; 05-09-2011 at 11:03 PM.