View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 12:25 AM
IsiEMT
Lurker

IsiEMT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Mobile messaging jamming, help!

Using HTC Touch Pro 2, on Sprint, with Windows Mobile 6.5. Every now and then my messaging gets jammed. Everything related to sms freezes. No incoming sms, can't open existing ones, or clear all messages. Absolutely annoying. Sometimes it will hold on for a few days, then return to normal on its own. But not always.

Yes, I have many applications installed. I even performed several hard resets, and re-installed my programs one by one, in hope to locate the trouble maker. Without success. The phone might be working fine even after all programs are installed, and one nice blue Monday it will jam again for no reason. I used to have this problem when running Windows Mobile 6.1, and hoped that upgrading to 6.5 will solve the issue. Nice dreams... Same problem again!

I found an online user with the same or similar problem. According to him the bad boy is SPB Mobile Shell. I actually suspected the same, but I have no evidence that this is indeed the problem.

I'm desperate to finally figure out what can cause the problem. Currently I don't have any clue so I can't even work on a solution. Help!

Any help or support will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!