Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 26| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
To fix or more info see this thread

Basically, use a registry editor, or automate via mortscript:

\HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\LockLevel

"You should see a bunch of keys and a folder called "LockLevel" - inside that folder is the LockLevel key with a value of 1 or 0 - you don't need to go inside that folder. just rename it from "LockLevel" to "LockLevelx" (add an x to the end of the folder's name)... soft reset"
I made the change, and so far so good. Originally the LockLevel value under the LockLevel key had a value of 2. At some point after renaming the folder and performing the soft reset, the LockLevel folder got recreated (I think after I activated the lockscreen) and the LockLevel value now has a value of 0. This is the same value (0) recommened in the thread you referenced to fix the problem. We will see how long this change lasts, however I saw mentioned elsewhere that the LockLevel value may eventually increment/change.

I have attached a simple mortscript to change the existing LockLevel value to 0. You can run it manually, or maybe put it in the startup folder so its run on every soft reset. Maybe someone can eventually come up with a better "bandaid".

Btw, the Advanced Config app, which is part of the Energy rom, has more info on the Backlight Locklevel and its settings, which can be found under the "Screen" node.

Thanks powinmo for your help (and your post has been thanked).
Attached Files
File Type: mscr ResetLockLevel.mscr (78 Bytes, 38 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fishboy; 05-06-2011 at 11:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.