View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 09:01 AM
toddpedersen
Regular 'Geeker

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Question for all you...

I too came to Android from a TP2 using MightyROM's custom ROMS so that I could basically get better battery life.

I first went to the EVO and like you, thought that a keyboard was mandatory, so much that when the Shift came out I switched. I am here to tell you that you too can get over the need for a physical keyboard. I have the shift now and use it a couple of times per month.

With the Capacitive Screen technology the EVO and Shift has, versus the Reactive Screen technology of the TP2, the need to have a physical keyboard in my opinion goes away. The Capacitive Screens, along with the multitouch on screen keyboards, which simply means you can type faster by being able to hit more than one key at time, have proven to me that I really don't need a physical keyboard. I just had to force myself to try something new and basically let go of my physical keyboard security blanket so to speak. I am being honest when I tell you that it took me a month or two with the EVO to get used to it, and I cursed myself for making the jump, but the benefits the EVO offered over the TP2 slowly started to outweigh that darn physical keyboard.

When the Shift was announced, I was happy because I could keep the Android OS I had grown to love, AND get my Physical Keyboard (PK) back. I was very happy to find out that the 800 MHz 2nd Generation processor the shift had, was faster than the 1st generation 1000 MHz processor the EVO and Epic had.

There is a marketplace free app called Quadrant Benchmark that proves the Shift hands down beats them all.

I love my shift and was happy to find when I stopped by a Sprint store to check out the HTC Arrive WM7 phone, that it was cheap feeling. I did however like the auto flip up (angled) screen, but it just felt like less of a phone. I am an Android guy now, and can say that because I have tried the all. The only difference between me and someone who "loves" the Windows Mobile OS, is that the WM OS users pretty much only know that OS, and if they opened their mind and moved to Android, they more than likely would not go back to WM.

Battery life is great, while I will admit there are a few tweaks that have to be done to best optimize the battery life, but a far cry from the days of having to used a cooked ROM that someone had to put together to fix all the crap that Microsoft did or didn't do to their OS out of the box.

I say go for Android and don't look back. I have a preference towards HTC devices myself.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
Evo Shift 4G users whos previous phone was the Sprint Touch Pro2!

Whats your thoughts?

A keyboard is basically mandatory for me so this was the next thing I was looking to jump to, DualCore or not, from what I have read around here the 2nd gen Snapdragon does better then the Evo's first gen one even at 200mhz slower!

Also, anyone had any experience with PS1/2 Emulators? How would you say it performs performance wise.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!