View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 09:11 PM
schettj
morsus mihi
Threadstarter

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to make your gtab act like a tablet (never deep sleep)

Some hard numbers:

I use pershoot's UV/OC kernel, keep wifi on all the time, and use softlocker to make sure my gtab *never* deep sleeps. This is on Vegantab-ginger.

I installed batterymonitor widget, and am collecting data.

My "screen off, but wifi on/not really asleep" power drain is 125mA

Given the 3650mAH rating of the battery, that gives me 29.2 hours total standby time in this state.

Working backwards, that's a drain of just under 3% per hour.

Given I am only awake 16 hours of the day, I have nearly half a battery to play on, or about 5-6 hours or so of full out battery, to use over 16 hours.

I'll keep collecting data and see if I can get even firmer numbers.

The widget is awesome, and free

https://market.android.com/details?id=ccc71.bmw

Make sure you go into settings and set the battery capacity to the rated 3650mAh to get accurate numbers/estimates.