View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:49 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Nexus S 4G is offical.. NOW for Pre-order!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

FYI full retail is $549.99 and I like that. The rumors it would full retail at $399.99 worried me re: hardware build quality. Now I know it will top shelf quality.
That retail price sucks (IMO) considering it is the same phone that was released on TMobile 5 or 6 months ago with a different radio inside. Would you buy an EVO or EPIC for $549.99 today? I'm not saying the phone sucks, just that the technology in the phone is a tad stale at this point in time and the parts have been around long enough to justify a price decrease by now.

I'm on the fence with this phone, part of me says instant Google updates YEA, and the other half says two years with a hummingbird processor with all the dual/quad cores and Tegra 2 coming VERY soon.

And even with that, the dual/quad core will most likely be still only running in single core mode because Android doesn't support them yet. So it could be another 3 or 4 months until you get what you pay for again. Then the wait continues for software to support dual/quad modes.

Ugh...Decisions--decisions...