View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 05:30 PM
yoda45
Lurker

yoda45 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need help on last steps flashing pre to cricket

I have been reading for 4 days on numerous sites. I hate asking stupid questions without trying to first look for the answer. Please believe me that I have tried numerous search functions with no answer to my dilema.

I have a palm pre that i was successful getting past the activation screen.

I have the MSL.

I have downloaded and installed putty, QXDM, and CDMA workshop. I've downloaded the driver set in the post but still can't get any of the above applications to recognize the phone. I really am not sure how to apply the drivers. The phone is recognized as palm novacom bootie. I am running windows 7 pro on a 64 bit system, but the install wizard never popped up asking me to install alternate drivers. Windows finds what it thinks is the right one and when I try to change it after the fact it tells me that windows has chosen the best driver.

In diagnostic mode I have 4 options, acm usb, com1, com2, and serial. I dont know if I'm supposed to change these to diag or leave at none?

From all of the reading I've done I think all I have left to do is flash the PRL and change and few settings and then I will be good to go. Please someone point me in the right direction before I smash this phone.

If I have left out any information to enable someone to help me, please let me know and I'll do my best to describe it.