View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to become a gold member to receive yearly upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabronxboogie View Post
If you got a letter sent to your house then you would know that it's quite easy to become a Gold member easily. I lost my Feb upgrade once April 1 came. After speaking to a customer service rep, I got it back. They placed notes on the account that I have an upgrade. Unfortunately the website didnt reflect that which didnt matter but it mattered to me so I had to call sales and they read the notes and they updated the website with my new eligibility date of april 1 2011. I am now on the everything plan and next month im set to be on the $89.99 plan. Although they say I'm a gold member, it wont be updated until 3 months of being on an $89.99 and over plan. Anyone can become a gold member by choosing a plan of $89.99 and over. Wait 3 months and tada you too will be a gold member and can receive a yearly upgrade. Theres always ways around it. Just get on the plan and stay for 3 months and you will be a gold member. once you get ur upgrade you can go back down and 3 months before you reach a yr of receiving ur last upgrade upgrade ur plan to become a Gold member again...lol Read the mail they sent you carefully and u can ask the rep, and they will tell you u have to stay on a plan of $89.99 or more for 3 months to be a gold member. So there is hope for those who lost their upgrade. In conclusion: Change to the $89.99 plan and you'll be a Gold member after 3 months and will be able to get a yearly upgrade.
For some people this has a nasty side effect...

If you have a plan that is no longer offered (aka Grandfathered in) and switch to the other plan listed above for three months then try to return to the other one--you SOL...

You'll need to pick another plan that is currently offered after you switch back. The other thing to note is that ONLY the primary phone gets the upgrade, not every phone on the account.