View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 05:21 PM
mulhiny
Almost a VIP

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, it's not a dual core right?

I can confirm that the new processor is much better than the 1st Gen Snapdragon as I just switched to the Shift from an Evo. Quadrent scores with the Shift best the EVO every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
This is correct. The EVO Shift is a single core 800 MHz second gen snapdragon, not a dual core as some rumors were suggesting early on. That said, the processor performs better than any first gen snapdragon (EVO 4G, Droid X, etc.) even at the stock 800 MHz clock speed. Also, if 800 isn't enough for you, the processor can be overclocked up to 1.8 GHz, although it really isn't necessary, everything runs very smooth at the stock speed. I keep mine at 1 GHz.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley