View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 09:20 PM
ziggy471
Geek with a Gun

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 4G Toggle App: difference in battery life?

I personally use it, and it's helped considerably. I live in a cellular black hole, and my main work site is in 4G coverage, but with the RF shielding, I can barely get 3G. So at home and work, I have WiFi on, and occasionally turn 4G on, like waiting for a doctors appointment.

Last weekend, with a modified kernel, I took it off the charger around 4pm Friday, and didn't charge it until Sunday night around 7pm, only because it was at 22%, and I didn't want to risk anything going wrong over night, and my alarm not going off in the morning. My average draw with everything turned on, and idling at 122 MHz, is somewhere around 35mA or so.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
This post has been thanked 1 times.