View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 03:50 PM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: List Features You Feel WP7 Needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
I own Android but will not rule out WP7 just yet. I agree they need to up the game a little. Question is does WP7 run good on its current hardware, ie. processor and so forth or is it we want more just to have more. Take the EVO it runs great on its current hardware but if several phones had dual core running a 1.5 ghz or more would everyone say the EVO was crap because it lacked the latest specs? We always want more but is more always needed?

When Android came out so many talked crap about it, said it was no good, would never be as great as WM or Apple and now look.

I see many people talk crap about the OS because the device its on isn't the latest specs. OS and hardware are two different things. Anyways thats my two cents.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Here's the thing. WP7 NoDo actually runs great on its current hardware, but it is started to get old as far as doing cool things, the most desirable imo are 1080p and FFC. Take a look at the Evo 3D and the SGS2 coming out soon, those things blow away any WP7 device hardware-wise, but WP7 does not need that hardware to perform, I think Eric makes a good point on that front. But at some point MS is going to have to be current with hardware and not behind a generation. The iPhone 5 has that awesome dual-core A5 processor that outperforms the A4 (iPad and iPhone 4) by 9x (and the A4 has an awesome GPU).

I think the most important thing for WP7 to do are:

1) get KNOWN, I don't know a single person in RL who knows shit about it.

2) distinguish itself from the iPhone. So many power users look at WP7 as a more closed, more limited iOS with a Windows branding. I currently use WP7 for some apps and netflix streaming at the gym (the girlfriend has to have it for the dreaded stairs).

Overall I don't think hardware is a huge deal when the software utilizes it so well and better than a lot of Android devices not flashed with CM7.
This post has been thanked 2 times.