View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 04:08 PM
livejazz
PPCGeeks Regular

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering on the Arrive?

The rush to market prevented MS from including all the functionality that iintended by the vision. I think patience and resolve will reveal a superior device, in all respects, to all of the others and be used on form factors that contribute to the particular users needs. I, too, do not video, game, or otherwise play with mine, however I do need the keyboard as I have with every model prior to this and beginning with the PPC6600; unless, of course, you include years of iPaq-tethered-to-a-Nextel-Phone usage prior to that when I used the iPaq qwerty. My daughter, however, has some more sophomoric needs, but also prefers the slider for emails and Word/Excel Docs. So the needs are very far across the spectrum with all users. People who have only, recently, begun using these devices can probably do great without a physical keyboard because they will just begin by using the on-screen and I can see that, if I did like to watch videos and play games, I would definately want to do it on a 4.1 inch screen rather than the 3.6. People like what they like and that is why there are so many form factors. Corporations are buying, literally, thousands of Arrives (and TP2's prior to now) to accomplish their enterprise goals with MS authorized custom ROM's that companies like mine are creating. This device is just the next step for the line of form factors beginning with the 6600, 6700, mogul, TP, and TP2 and there are many companies that have been with this line for the entire run. We service them. Hope this helps clear up some of this for those who don't understand.

matt