gjhuff
N00b

gjhuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering on the Arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I don't feel that way. as said there's maybe only a couple things at best that I miss from wm6.x and I found a way to live without them and workaround them. to say that one is being "forced" to buy MS is really a fallacy
one is NOT FORCED to buy anything u can choose the rhapsody or grooveshark service instead of the Zune service if u want but it won't be as good and all are cheaper and have more functionality iTune$. I didn't even read the rest of these posts here but why bother? its just a bunch of negativity towards MS and WP7 over tethering. you guys seriously need to get over yourselves no OS on the market currently or previously has had a free tethering method out of the box and without exploits. can't wait till carriers start busting people for doing exactly this and I'll be laughing my @$$ off.
Glad that we can be a source of humor to you, but I would suggest you get out more. <g> This discussion is really more about what is important to particular users than what the phones can or can't do. I, for one, don't listen to music or watch videos on my phone - the screen is far too small for my poor eyes. But if music is important to you, then I can see the benefit of Zune.

On tethering, I've used it for over ten years. Every phone I've had during the period could do it "out of the box." Sometimes I paid extra, sometimes I didn't since it was already in my plan. Whether it was free or not has not been a consideration - the speed has been too slow to do anything but e-mail, audio streaming and simple browsing. For MS and HTC to produce a new phone without this capability is news.

One more thing, I and others here like MS - we've been using it for years on PCs and phones. If we didn't care, we wouldn't be posting here in perhaps a vain hope that someone will be listening and will fix our issues. Otherwise, we'd just be jumping to Android.