View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 05:37 AM
eric12341
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering on the Arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
Let's see - WM 6.5 - Windows Phone 7. HTC Touch Pro 2 - HTC Arrive - same screen size, pretty much the same keyboard. Just like Windows 3.1 - Windows 95 - Windows Millenium - Windows XP - Windows Vista and Windows 7 weren't upgrades - right? Why has Sprint been sending me e-mails suggesting I upgrade my TP2 with the Arrive?

Anytime a vendor puts out a new phone to replace an old one it is an upgrade. To pretend otherwise is facetious. Will MS keep supporting WM 6.5? I think not. The company made a conscious decision to "dumb down" the software to prevent customization and other features - to force customers to buy MS - just like Apple does with the Iphone. Ballmer has been quoted as saying WM 6.5 supports a phone inside a computer, but W7 supports a computer inside a phone. That is MS's right to do and your right to like - just as it is my right and apparently many other WM 6.5 users' right to dislike.
I don't feel that way. as said there's maybe only a couple things at best that I miss from wm6.x and I found a way to live without them and workaround them. to say that one is being "forced" to buy MS is really a fallacy
one is NOT FORCED to buy anything u can choose the rhapsody or grooveshark service instead of the Zune service if u want but it won't be as good and all are cheaper and have more functionality iTune$. I didn't even read the rest of these posts here but why bother? its just a bunch of negativity towards MS and WP7 over tethering. you guys seriously need to get over yourselves no OS on the market currently or previously has had a free tethering method out of the box and without exploits. can't wait till carriers start busting people for doing exactly this and I'll be laughing my @$$ off.