View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 04:35 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: EC05 update.zip *Direct Google download!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
I'm an EVO user...and things there seems so much more simple. I'm looking to upgrade my wife's firmware on her EPIC. The following is what she has on her device:

Firmware version:
2.1-update1
Baseband Version:
S700.0.5S.DI18
Kernel version:
Build number:
SPH-D700 ECLAIR.DI18

I have full root on her phone with CWM installed with S/U installed. Can I just flash the update file in the OP...wipe cache and dalvik?? Or will I have to do a full wipe...then flash??

Am hoping that this thread is still being monitored...could use a little help
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
well full wipe will happen so just flash the update then odin the modem. if you need assistance just pm me i will help if needed.
This is the update.zip thread..not the .tar..so data won't be wiped...

Flashing the Epic is fairly simple, just we have 2 ways of flashing, via Recovery and with Odin...

If you did not remove anything like stock apps..you can do the update.zip method..if you removed stuff or on a custom rom then you will have to odin to stock...

Flashing with odin wipes all data though....

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)