View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 10:09 AM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Free hotspot app and Wake-on-Lan ap on Android?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Daddy View Post
Time to consider upgrade from my HTC Touch Pro2, and I'm torn between iPhone and Android.

One of the many criteria for my decision is (a) availability of FREE WiFi hotspot app and (b) availability of (free or not-free) Wake-on-Lan app.
I know for the iPhone, the answer is no for (a) and yes for (b). How about for the android phone? I've recently seen an add from Verizon indicating that with a new Android phone you get Wifi Hospot function, but the ad was not clear on whether you'd have to pay extra fee for that service. (With my TP2, I use "Wi-Fi Router" app to create free Wi-Fi Hospot.)

Thanks in advance.
The iPhone "hotspot" app is free. Service, however, is essentially free. You pay $20 more, and get 2gb more, which is exactly what 2gb extra costs ($10/GB) so, it's free.

If you meant "I want an app that lets me steal hotspot/tethering service" then, uh, I think you're outside the bounds of the posting rules for PPCGeeks.

Short answer: All carriers charge extra for tethering/hotspot. Just because you can get around the need to pay for it, doesn't make it free.