View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 08:13 PM
ndno
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] SCBS: Improved battery meter system

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpry View Post
Ndno,

Your new model looks good. There is a new kernel and rootfs.img i have uploaded. Need both at the same time, neither are backwards compatible. It will make some attempt to determine se=. right now it is just at the default. I think this will improve sleep accuracy, se should be within 0 - .008

Did you download the modules .tar.gz from the first post? That will be necessary to get working wifi. If its still not working post a dmesg from when you try to enable wifi. Works on my phone, just a module problem one way or another.
OK, I just downloaded the files from your first post and they are the same as before (I mean the same as the time you first started this thread). So I already have the latest. You mentioned a "new kernel and rootfs.img" but they look the same as those from the time this thread started. When were these uploaded?

I'm going to test the wifi now and post the dmesg for you.

EDIT: OK, it looks like the kernel you have in the first post has a different "version" than the modules you posted. I ran the "lsmod" command and it shows no modules loaded, meaning the broadcom module for the wifi hardware is not loaded. I did some further investigation:

Quote:
# uname -a
uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.27.46-01301-g595725b-dirty #167 PREEMPT Wed Apr 6 11:36:31 AST 2011 armv6l GNU/Linux
However the modules you have in the first post is modules-2.6.27.46-01300-g78e70e3-dirty.tar.gz, which has build 1300, not 1301. Will the broadcom module load if the kernel has a different build than the modules?

I tried to force the wifi hardware load as follows:
Quote:
# cd /lib/modules/2.6.27.46-01300-g356b733-dirty # it goes to /data/modules
# insmod bcm4329.ko
insmod bcm4329.ko
insmod: can't insert 'bcm4329.ko': invalid module format
The dmesg has the follow error:
Quote:
[ 6778.379180] bcm4329: version magic '2.6.27.46-01300-g356b733-dirty preempt mod_unload ARMv6 ' should be '2.6.27.46-01301-g595725b-dirty preempt mod_unload ARMv6 '
So it seems like the modules and zImage in the first post don't play nice with either other due to the different build number. Can you post the modules*.tar.gz file for build 1301? Thanks.

Last edited by ndno; 04-10-2011 at 08:59 PM.