View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 05:46 PM
HTCotta
Halfway to VIP Status

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My complaints of the Shift after a week (any input is appreciated!)

That's strange, the only notification issue I have ever had is if I leave the thread of messages open and shut the screen off, when I unlock to read a new text in that thread, it doesn't always clear the notification in the status bar. Never had any problems with notifications not happening. I have several appointment reminders set each day as well and have never missed one. Could be because I'm running the RC2 version (free) instead of final market version? That's all I can think of but hardly makes sense the final would be buggier!

With large capacity batteries (especially on eBay) you have to be careful, just make sure you've read up on it. A battery may be labeled with more mAh, but be made of lower quality components than your stock battery and actually perform worse especially over time. I'm not saying there aren't good extended batteries out there, just make sure to purchase from a trusted company.

Overclocking is easy, you've already done the hardest part which is rooting. Now all you need to do is find your preferred kernel (my recent favorite is the x99 1.8 Sense kernel) on XDA and boot into recovery to flash it. Just be sure to make a nandroid backup before you do, just in case. Once you have an overclock compatible kernel flashed, just download SetCPU for Root Users (google search) and install the .apk. From SetCPU you can set top and bottom speeds and the governor that bounces between them. Fun to play with kernels and see what gets you the highest benchmark scores.