View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 01:46 PM
wavezero
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My complaints of the Shift after a week (any input is appreciated!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Did you turn on "root helper" in Widgetlocker? That really sped up response for me, I only see the stock lock screen on a fresh boot. I like being able to theme the lock screen and in addition to my slider for unlock and sound on/off I have invisible ones for turning on TeslaLED and unlocking straight to my SMS inbox. Easy access to TeslaLED = Less injury when drunkenly wandering home from the bars on a "shortcut"
So I turned "root helper" on an played around with it a little more. With WL enabled i got a text and it didn't display on the screen (nor did my message shortcut show a text). I really like how the stock lockscreen displays this info below the slider.

Same with a meeting reminder, the stock lockscreen shows a large icon above the slider, no luck in WL.

Am I missing a setting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
1) Turn off the phone while charging. If you have to leave the phone on most of the night while charging, still turn it off for 2 hours to finish charging before leaving the house.

2) Buy a 2000mAh Galilio battery off eBay.
I REALLY like the idea of a stronger battery. I think I may check it out. Any idea the percent increase? Any drawbacks? Does it get very hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkd711 View Post
Wavezero, you must have your settings all crazy becuz I can go 24+ hrs and still have around 15% battery left. And that's overclocked at 1.55ghz! Although, I only make a dozen calls, alot of texts, and moderate web use, with some auto syncs.

Set you screen brightness to auto, set Gtalk to NOT auto sign in then logout, disable uneeded autosyncs, use setcpu and a better kernel/rom combo.
Yeah I know it's dumb, but I love having push everything- and I want the best of both worlds! Think I may buy that extra battery ^ and keep the stock one on me...

I haven't really seen too much about overclocking the shift (haven't really looked that much either). What program are you using, and what cons have you noticed?

Last edited by wavezero; 04-08-2011 at 02:00 PM.