View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 09:48 AM
braindoc
PPCGeeks Regular

braindoc is keeping up the good workbraindoc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Eligible for an upgrade and...

I'm getting close to this same issue. Because of my work I need a world phone so the choices on Verizon are few. Verizon will not be getting a MS7 phone for a couple of months yet and I doubt it will be a world phone. It will probably take Verizon (and MS) a year before they have a viable MS7 world phone, which is a shame because I would probably buy one. The Incredible 2 (android) will be coming out in a couple of weeks and that is supposedly a world phone. I know people who own an Incredible and they love it. As far as android phones, it appears to be one of the best, so I would think that the Incredible 2 would be very good as well. This summer, the Pre3 will be offered and it will be a world phone, so there is this option for those people who don't want to follow the apple and android crowd. This phone seems to me to have the best form factor, same size screen as the Imagio, slide out vertical keyboard, and curved to fit the hand - but I don't know how well the platform itself will survive.

Of course the Thunderbolt is an LTE phone and this is the network that will eventuall supplant both CDMA and GSM but I think we're a couple years away from this becoming a viable solution (plus the battery life sucks if you are using LTE).