View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 06:04 PM
wavezero
Regular 'Geeker

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My complaints of the Shift after a week (any input is appreciated!)

So after 7+ years on WM platforms, the 7 phone is a sorry piece of garbage, so after 3 days with it (coming from a touch pro 2) I switched to the Shift. Of course the first thing I did was root it.
Complaints:
1) Battery is horrendous- I can barely get through half a day before a charge. I know I need to more actively manage my open apps, but I love how responsive it is.
2) Seriously? No separate lock screen wall paper?- I love the grass live wallpaper, but I want a photo for the lock screen wall paper. Looking everywhere it doesn't seem like that can be done. I don't like any of the 3rd party apps, they're buggy and they don't properly show updates (meetings, missed calls, texts). There has GOT to be a way to point it to a different pic.
3) Keyboard backlight doesn't work- The light turns on ONLY when it's VERY dark. Pain in the butt

4) Facebook stuff still sucks- HTC for Sense will not sync all of my contacts, a few don't show up and therefore I can't link them. I've uninstalled, cleared cache, unfriended and refriended, nothing seems to work. I like the standard FB app better anyway, but the Widget blows (one post at a time). Why don't they have a full page widget?
5) Words with Friend is buggy as hell- Ok so this has nothing to do with the device, but it's an awesome program. However it never works. It has to restart all of the time. the rest of the time it looses my games and I have to start a fresh game (then resign) to get my previous one to work, what the hell is up with that?

That being said, this is probably the best device I've owned. It's solid and have not had a single freeze up or other problem. Over all I'm very pleased with it, I would just like to get these issues solved