Thread: In a Quandary
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 12:05 PM
EyeB
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: In a Quandary

why would you need to pay $10/month extra for tp2? thought it just needs a plan with data. From what I can tell, tp2 doesn't need the smartphone charge unless it changed in past month or 2.

Just asking, but how much is the TP2 with the offer? Since I'm seeing used TP2 sold around $100-150 where I am, craiglist/ebay too. Unless you want the insurance on the phone, I don't see much point in buying it from sprint if it doesn't save you more than an used phone. I know people like "new" phones, but some of these second hand phones are pretty much brand new (just make sure you check esn so you know it isnt stolen or anything).

The reason I bought my touch pro ($35 used) is so I can keep upgrade for a better phone (hoping wp7). I also know if I don't sell it, $35 isnt a big loss but I'm sure I can at least sell it for $35.

I'd try out android on your current touch pro jsut to see how you like android. So far everything except hotspotting works on my sprint touch pro. It gets hot with a bit of use, but you can assume that and other bugs will be gone in real android phones. But playing around with android like this, I can tell I'm not entirely sold on Android. Android/iOS are based off of icons/widgets which I don't particularly like.
This post has been thanked 1 times.