Thread: Easy Root
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 07:04 PM
santod
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Easy Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
Hey SANTOD,
thanks for your response. i have a few questions. the method im trying to use is oneclick because i have a mac. if i need to use another method i can because i have a vm.
1) where is the recovery image that i can use to get back to the stock rom (with root, i dont mean to unroot with)
2) during the 2nd step of oneclick when it is pushing files it says no such file or directory found
3) i think i would be able to use adb, i have used it a little before. im not really sure what people mean when they say that they know adb. is it just typing / copying & pasting commands?

thanks
-david
No problem.
Because you are on a Mac, you may wanna use the Easy Root Mac/Linux Version.

1.) The recovery image can be found with Rom Manager, which is auto installed with the downgrade firmware. So once the downgrade firmware is installed and you have rebooted, you will see Rom Manager in your app drawer.
From there, open Rom Manager and select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
It will give you a dropdpwn to select device.
Only option that will appear, will be HTC Thunderbolt, select and install Clockwork for Thunderbolt. Then do the recovery from there.
It will automatically grab the only recovery file available, which will be the upgrade to the stock firmware, with root still intact.

2.) If the push does not find the directory, then you either do not have adb installed on your computer, or the PATH is set wrong.
Check for more info regarding setting your path, in the root threads.

3.) The adb method is yes, mainly entering commands into a command line.
Most can be done by simply copy and paste from the great guides available. However, it is easier to get something wrong or mess something up doing it manually. You just have to be careful of what you type in.

I hope that helps clear things up at least a little bit.
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask, or hit up the threads you might be following. I'm always happy to help when and if I can.
Good luck and happy rooting.

EDIT***

Also for a reference:
Manual Root > step-by-step guide for Mac OS

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 03-28-2011 at 10:50 AM.