View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 11:54 PM
terrycorkery
Lurker

terrycorkery is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP!! Touch Pro screen not responding!!!!

My TouchPro touch screen stopped working a long time ago but I have found a way to get it working temporarily. There is an oily looking spot near the edge of the screen that, when touched, freezes the screen. I keep a small plastic suction cup (about the diameter of a dime) in my pocket that I depress onto that spot and pull up. The plastic screen surface pulls away from the oily spot and the screen unfreezes. If you don't have a suction cup, use a piece of tape; but be careful because tape sticks so well that it is hard to peel off without pulling the screen surface too hard and making the sensitive spot bigger.

I have found that putting the phone in my pocket with the screen facing away from my thigh often keeps that spot from being pressed. And if I need to tap a button near the bad spot, I slide the keyboard open to change the screen orientation so I can click the same button at a different part of the screen. But if the screen sticks, I pull the suction cup out of my pocket! I am hoping to keep limping along with this method till the LTE phones from Motorola, Samsung, and hopefully Apple, come out in June 2011.