Fredrick2011
Lurker

Fredrick2011 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: unrooting evo 4g unrevoked forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauijoe58 View Post
I rooted my phone with the current version of unrevoked, I then applied the unrevoked forever. My phone is currently freezing up after boot and is unusable so I must unroot it. I applied the unrevoked son patch. and that went well but every time I try to apply the pc36img.zip file is older version, can anyone point me to the most current version of this file I need to take my phone back to sprint the last version I tried was EVO RESTORE 3.29.65.1.5. Help please I need a phone.
Shipped-roms.com is where you can get a factory stock copy of the software that came with your phone during that versions release.. warning this will erase everything on the phone except for what's on the sd card and return the phone back to factory un rooted condition however it may not return the hboot s on security function to re enable that use the un revoked s on utility prior to flashing the stock software please also note a pc will be required to flash the stock software.. I have rooted my phone and un rooted my phone 6 * as well is re enabled the security so I know this will guarantee work if done correctly

To guarantee no issues I recommend flashing the stock rom then once the phone is back online download rom manager free edition from the android market flash and boot the phone back into recovery from within rom manager then flash the s- on utility by selecting the option to apply update from sd card then select where the s-on utility is located on the card and flash it reboot the phone verify the s on function is indeed enabled by booting into the bootloader for verification once verified reboot the phone and reflash the stock rom once more once the stock rom completes for the second time there will be no way to tell that you ever rooted your phone to

Last edited by Fredrick2011; 03-17-2011 at 05:31 AM. Reason: added more information to help simplify instructions