View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Johnny.Bravo
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [THEME] Special Edition: midNIGHT ROM Autism Awareness skinned Launcher Pro + oth

I read ptfdmedic's blog Lost and Tired « My Reality Autism almost every day, and one of the things that I have learned is that many children with Autism never really grow up mentally. A 12 year old child with Autism might have the mental state of a 3 or 4 year old. So when Shane mentioned his idea to me about creating Autism Awareness themed Launcher Pro icons an idea just flashed into my head. What is more reminiscent of a child than crayon drawings? I have two daughters, one is 7 and one is 8, and I asked them to help me with this. After trying to explain Autism to them (which I'm not sure I did a very good job, but I will keep trying) I asked them to help me draw a set of icons for my phone. They both love playing games on my Epic, so both of the jumped up and down and said "YES!" I grabbed a big bucket of crayons, several sheets of paper and opened the laptop and showed them all the icons the Shane had made and asked them to draw them. The three of us spent all afternoon drawing icons and they had a great time. Then I scanned them and used Photoshop to build a frame and put a set of LP icons together. When I loaded them on my phone my kids thought it was the coolest thing in the world that something they had drawn was now on my phone.

I could never come close to understanding the struggles that parents of autistic children go through, but Rob's blog helps me see through his eyes. I urge everyone to that installs these icon sets to please share the story of where you got them. If someone says "cool icons", don't just let it end there. Explain to them why its made up of puzzle pieces, and what it stands for, and then give them Rob's website Lost and Tired « My Reality Autism. If we can explain to just one more person what autism is and how it affect the lives of the families it touches, we will have helped out.

Here is a wallpaper I designed for the midNIGHT ROM. There are 3 versions of it, depending on what you would like to have displayed.

***Update 3/20/11*** Added custom boot animation. I want to send out a huge THANK YOU to optmsprim2 on xda for helping me with the format. Flash with Clockwork.

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 03-20-2011 at 10:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.