View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 06:21 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX05 - "Stable" - Camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
by built in, do you mean the portable hotspot under wireless settings? I tried that, it gives me an error when I start it, don't know what error since it just says error under the grayed out portable hotspot checkmark box

Barnacle also didn't work, says something about failed loading drivers. That xdandroid wifi tether didnt have a working link to the kernel to download either.

I can stick with tethering in the windows mobile with wmwifitether I suppose, would have liked to do it in android though
The only link that matters is to the actual Android application, and it works flawlessly - just tried it myself.

I also forget the old RAPH's are on the TI chipset. For whatever reason on this chipset there is a bug - if you enable wifi once and turn it off, you'll never be able to re-enable it until you reboot. Perhaps this is the issue you're running into...

Yes, that is what I mean by built-in tethering. Works flawlessly for me, but we have different hardware, and I alas do not have my old hardware to test on (insurance replacement...)