View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 PM
ndno
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Guys, wait for arrrghhh's official FRX05 bundle. However, if you want to test something I put together (tailored for Sprint mainly), here it is. I took arrrghhh's bundle in first post, threw in FRX05 system.ext2, customized it a little (changed the default wallpaper to something I like, took out foreign language apks (I don't use them so I got rid of them to save resources), etc), tweaked the rootfs.img (Sprint RHOD400 only) to change the buttons (I added some symbols to manekineko's rootfs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ml#post2058074) - the home screen is the power button and the power functionality is remapped to the end button, read manekineko's first post for the button mapping functionality; it will take some getting used to but it works great and you don't have to worry about setting up the home screen in spare parts), update the kernel to wistilt2's posted by arrrghhh (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ost-fixed.html), and tweaked the startup.txt to OC to 614mHz (gives a little more performance but is very stable). The instructions are very simple:
  1. Download frx05_1276kernel.7z to temporary folder on your PC
  2. Extract it; it will contain the folder "frx05"
  3. Copy the "frx05" folder to your SD card (DON'T RENAME IT!); if you're already using FRX04, you may be able to still use the data.img with this bundle, just copy it to the "frx05" folder on your SD card.
  4. This is optional but I always disable GPS hardware under WinMo as I don't want it interfering with the initial setup; you can always go back and enable it later.
  5. In WinMo, navigate to the "frx05" folder and run haret.exe
  6. Be patient on the first boot (the new kernel log messages only take up one screen and looks like it stalled but it's not); just let it settle until the screen goes off (you will see a solid green LED or blinking green LED)
  7. Goto to Settings - Call setting and set up your voice mail number
  8. Goto Settings - Sound. Test the volume settings, test phone ringtones and notification ringtone
  9. Goto Settings - Display-Brightness, set Auto brightness. Set the screen timeout to 30 minutes (so that you can sync your account / update apps without timing out in the last few steps)
  10. Goto Settings - Location & security - Uncheck the first 2 options (use wireless networks, use GPS satellites); you can always re-enable this later once everything is stable of if you want to play around with the GPS.
  11. Goto Settings - Applications- Enable unknown sources
  12. Goto Settings - Setting account & sync and add your gmail account. Let the phone sync; when it's done, you should see the spinning/spiraling icon on the taskbar disappear
  13. Launch market and let it updates all the apps; again let it do its things, when everything is done, that download/install activity icons will no longer be animating. NOTE: it will be very very sluggish during this update, just relax and let it finish before attempting to use it.
  14. You're now good to go. Go back to the Settings - Display-Brightness and change the timeout back to 1 or 2 minutes to save battery.
  15. That's it, you should be able to use it now.

Main button mapping (Sprint RHOD400 only) change (from manekineko's rootfs):
Quote:
Power: Power on / Home
Power Long Press: Switch between recent programs
End Call: Power off / End call
End Call Long Press: Android power menu
Sources:
CHECK THIS OUT: I'M RUNNING SLINGPLAYER MOBILE ON THIS BUILD: Pretty decent considering I'm getting just slightly smoother video under WinMo. I recently bought my brother a SlingPlayer as a gift; I paid $30 to get the Android SlingPlayer Mobile apk for him; I'm borrowing his license now (if you register with another phone, it de-activates it from the previous phone it was assigned to); gonna return it later:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-o34l7g0TQ

Made it to the Official XDAndroid Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xdandroid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frx05.jpg (106.4 KB, 60 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ndno; 03-04-2011 at 05:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.