View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 02:10 PM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: microusb fatigue and batteries/chargers

Wow OP you keep your phones for a long time. I think I've had at least 8 devices since the Apache, LOL. You might be the 10-sigma case for microUSB wear-and-tear.

Personally I'm not looking for extra batteries, mainly because the back of the shift is so hard to remove that I'm afraid the clips will snap into pieces eventually. But if anyone is swapping Shift batteries on a regular basis, I'm curious how the battery cover is faring under all that R/R. While the new style cover makes it harder to swap batteries and microSD cards, it certainly fixes the "battery-door-coming-off-when-pulling-phone-from-jeans-pocket" that I've experienced with other devices.

The microSD slot is supposedly rated for quite a number of plugging cycles. If it makes you uneasy, take a file and file down the little teeth on the connector (on the cable end, not your phone) ever so slightly. I have some cables that are just easier to insert than others. I did that on a cable for my wife's iPhone after one cable pulled out of its connector.

Last edited by haus; 03-02-2011 at 02:14 PM.