View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:35 PM
KinGanon
Lurker

KinGanon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GBA Emulator for windows mobile 6.1?

Alright, I do have a great solution for those who desperately want to play GBA games on their HTC devices.

Firstly, get Android running on your HTC device. If you don't know how to do this, everything you need to know/download can be found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...rizon-gps.html

Once you get Android up and running I would advise updating LauncherPro(or else you'll get the nagging notification). Download can be found here: LauncherPro « It's an .APK file so you'll need to download a program from the Android Marketplace called AppsInstaller to install and run this update. Now that you've got the basics squared away. It's time for the real fun.

In the Android Marketplace there is a top-notch GBA emulator that works for a variety of devices. You can map hardware buttons, use a variety of settings, play in landscape mode, etc. Simply put, it's phenomenal. This app is called Gameboid. You can shell out the $3.99 for the full version, or download the lite version for FREE. Once you've got that squared away, you'll need to find a GBA bios bin. There's one here: Gba bios - Free Download from rapidshare.com - Filestube.com

It's the first thing Gameboid asks for. Click browse and find the file. Should be called gba_bios.bin or something along those lines. Once that's done, just download ROMs from a variety of sources. Just google "gba ROMS" to find a site that suits your needs. Also be sure to look up the legality of ROM downloads before you download any.(READ: Disclaimer :P)

Put those ROMs on your SD and then run them on Gameboid. I hope that helps.