View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 09:13 AM
piscesjoey
Almost a VIP

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Re: VZW to annouce Windows Phone 7 on 2/28 ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
The Kin mess...Does anyone here think every other phone the Verizon carried and promoted in some way was a full sucess ? No.

The Kin was designed as a lower cost public networking phone (facebook, twitter, etc) for a younger croud, Verizon killed it with charging a $30 mo data plan. It was not MS's fault or Verizons, it was both of them, it never sold because it was a min of $69.99 (450min $39.99+$30.00 data) a month to run it. The press made more of a big deal of this than MS or Verizon in the press.

Verizon, like Spint or AT&T is a business, if you have a bad day or product, you move on. By not taking WP7 in their line up, they could be leaving money on the table and as a company, it's not something you want to do, it would be just dumb.

Like I said, it's all about the money, Verizon pushed Android because they could not get the iPhone (and at that time it sucked with them)and sold what they could to compete.

We'll see how the tables turn when Verizon gets a few models of WP7 and can push them along with Android and the iPhoney, we'll see the winner then.
The Kin never sold because its supposed targeted audience (tweens lol) are all carrying around Blackberrys & iPhones these days that can do way much more than then Kin could offer lol (hell my 15 y/o future sis in law is rocking a Blackberry Torch right now, even though I tried to get her to get the new Atrix), but Verizon would be stupid to put all its eggs in one basket with the iPhone and not get on board with WP7, matter fact, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt on this one, I bet that Steve Jobs paid Verizon to make that "we don't need WP7" comment lol.