View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 06:15 AM
mlevin77
Regular 'Geeker

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to get rid of Exchange account?

I had a Verizon HTC Imagio with the stock WM6.5 for a couple of years, using it to sync email over-the-air with an Exchange server. Having moved on to a different phone, I gave my Imagio to my dad. He doesn't have an Exchange account, and will be synchronizing calendar and addressbook with a Mac laptop (using Missing Sync software). I can't seem to delete the Exchange account though: it no longer shows up under accounts in the messages app (Inbox), but when I run Activesync on the Imagio (which is needed to start sync with the laptop - "connect via Bluetooth" from the menu), it appears to be trying to sync with the Exchange server still: it fails to connect saying Attention is Needed, and still has an Exchange account listed; when I try to delete it, it says it can't be deleted because synchronization is in process (even after I reboot the thing). I'd rather not cold-reset it because I have a ton of other useful stuff set up for him. How do I wipe out all traces of the Exchange server sync settings?

Mike