Old 02-23-2011, 09:46 AM
boe
Almost a VIP

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help - tethering - Windows 7 x64 rndis appears then disappears

Hello,

I still use a WM phone (waiting for WP7 Focus or HD7 or Omnia7 like phone or iphone 5 to come to verizon to upgrade). I have WP7 x 64 enterprise (legit) on my PC and my laptop. My PC runs the remote ndis network no issue whatsoever. Using the same phone and cable or other cables on my laptop and the ndis appears when I first plug it in and then disappears before I can even use it to browse the web.

I thought maybe it was something I installed on my laptop so I just did a fresh format - even tried my technet version of Windows 7 with SP1 integrated - it still has the same issue before I install any other drivers - the ndis adapter shows up for a second then it is gone and my phone is no longer connected for network sharing. I can however still access the storage space on my phone from my laptop. I also tried updating the inf chipset.

I have a much older Z laptop that doesn't have this issue. It only occurs with my z1190x. I was curious if anyone else has encountered and resolved this issue as I'd prefer not to replace my laptop for at least another year.

I also updated to the latest BIOS and installed all other latest Sony drivers after and it still occcurs.

I've also tried disabling power savings and using ac power.

I'm able to ping an IP for about 5 seconds if I start in time otherwise it goes away before I can even ping.

I also just tried formatting it with Windows 7 x32 and it has the same issue.

Last edited by boe; 02-23-2011 at 11:09 AM.