View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 11:06 AM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Update for WP7 through Zune is now in effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
Well everyone the WP7 update is here, seems Sprint will be releasing the HTC WP7 Pro 7 this Thursday and will potentially bring more people interested in WP7 to ppcgeeks. Especially since Sprint is the first U.S.(CDMA) carrier to release a WP7 device, and add along the very strong love here for its predecessor the HTC Touch Pro 2. I believe we will start seeing more trafic for WP7 here soon.

But regarding our HD2 I attempted to update via Zune and got as far as message " We couldent back up phone because your phone registry settings are incorrect".

I may be totally off but its worth a try(maybe tonight) if I simply remove SD, and reset phone, the original WP7 partion will now be on my device and not my SD card. Besides that I don't believe the DarForcesTeam Rom (other than some hardware reg tweaks) is that different from stock ROM. Maybe it can be bypassed, or maybe someone with a WP7 device will provide a registry update file to mirror an actual WP7 device for upgrading purposes.

In any case I would not worry about it for too long from a user prespective as im sure an updated ROM will be provided shortly.

Sorry folks just thiniking from a nerds perspective on possible bypassing options w/out flash just for the fun of it. In any case I hope this will bring more people interested in WP7 to ppcgeeks.

well this update only updates some system files to be able to update when it actually comes out, so it wouldn't benefit us anyways, since the NoDo and Mango updates will probably just be cooked into ROMs.